Exciting times are here for Star Wars fans! Not only is The Force Awakens on the horizon and Star Wars Rebels is back on our television screens, but there’s also a plethora of Star Wars toys, collectibles, and games available for kids and adults alike. Destination Star Wars is the place to be at Toys”R”Us, and you can get a look at what’s to come below:
Like Father, Like Daughter: A New Generation of Star Wars Fans Have Emerged
An all-new commercial advertisement from Toys“R”Us tells the heartfelt story of a father trying to connect with his daughter over the years, through his love of Star Wars. The ad, which airs in both 30- and 60- second spots, will be shown in cinemas and on television.
New Toys Come to a Galaxy Not-So-Far Away!
Since the introduction of the first Star Wars toy in 1977, Toys“R”Us has served as the ultimate destination for Star Wars playthings, providing millions of kids and collectors across the globe with their most beloved memorabilia.
As we grow closer to the theatrical release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Toys“R”Us will be debuting new Star Wars toys over the next several weeks, including a line of interactive action figures from Thinkway Toys with innovative new technology that is sure to amaze fans of the saga from all generations.
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens Interactive AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport) – One of the Evil Galactic Empire’s most destructive vehicles of war, this 10.5-inch AT-AT can be pre-programmed for action or commanded via remote control. This Toys“R”Us exclusive vehicle can move in all directions with lights and sounds. 6 “AA” batteries required (not included). Ages 6 years and up. Available Now.
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens Interactive Kylo Ren – Kids and collectors alike will love this Toys“R”Us exclusive deluxe animatronic figure which comes with a lightsaber to initiate light and battle sound effects and interactive play. To activate lightsaber battle training mode, press Kylo Ren’s chest button and the villain coaches you to join him on the dark side. Raising his left arm prompts original phrases and motorized head, arm and waist actions – with 31 points of articulation. 3 “AAA” batteries required (not included). Ages 6 years and up. Available Now.
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens Interactive Chewbacca – Everybody’s favorite Wookiee is exclusive to Toys“R”Us, standing 17-inches tall and offers four ways to play. By raising your voice, Chewbacca will respond when in talk-back mode. When his left arm is raised, he recites more than ten original phrases and moves his head, arms and waist; additionally, his right arm prompts firing action and sound effects. 3 “AAA” batteries required (not included). Ages 6 years and up. Available beginning November 1.
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens R2-D2 Interactive Robotic Droid –Collectors and fans alike will love this Toys“R”Us exclusive, Star Wars: The Force Awakens interactive, 16-inch R2-D2 as he comes to life-like never before via instant or pre-programmed commands with the help of an easy-to-use remote controller. Featuring realistic walking, spinning and head turning action in every direction, authentic movie sound effects and lights, everyone’s favorite gutsy droid will follow any Rebel or Jedi command with the press of the controller. R2-D2 will even project his favorite princess, Leia, on the wall when prompted. 8 “AA” batteries required (included). Ages 4 to 12 years. Available beginning November 1.
· Star Wars: The Force Awakens Interactive C-3PO – This highly interactive Droid is exclusive to Toys“R”Us and has voice, action, lights and sound effects with three ways to play. In action mode, C3PO will talk and move, he can even tell whether or not he is off-balance. In talk mode, the droid will echo original voice and animatronic actions. Additionally, the built-in microphone prompts talk-back mode, where C3PO will respond to your voice. 3 “AAA” batteries required (not included). Ages 6 years and up. Available beginning December 13.
Online ‘Epic Battles’ Challenge
For a limited time only, Toys“R”Us is featuring an exclusive online gaming experience for fans – The Epic Battles. The Game features hand-drawn designs by Jeff Carlisle, a celebrated science fiction artist, whose images of classic Star Wars scenes have been transformed into an interactive digital game for enthusiasts of all ages. For more information about how to play, visit ToysrusEpicBattles.com.
See some images from the game in the gallery below:
Thank you to Toys”R”Us for text, images, and video.Powered by Sidelines