Drowning in Moonlight is a memorial benefit in honor of Carrie Fisher (1956-2016) and in the service of The Midnight Mission – a cause that was close to Ms. Fisher’s heart. The gala is scheduled to be held on Thursday, the 13th of April, 2017 in Orlando, Florida in concert with Star Wars Celebration Orlando. The event is being coordinated by the team from Tosche Station and the Star Wars Podcast Alliance with support from an ever-growing list of prominent Celebration personalities, sponsors, and fan sites including Full of Sith, Jedi News, Coffee With Kenobi, Star Wars Report, Retro Zap, and more.
Drowning in Moonlight will be a “Dress-up or Dress Up” gala: Black tie optional, cosplay encouraged. The party will take place on Thursday the 13th of April 2017 from 7:30 in the evening until approximately 10:30. Tickets are on sale now via our website at www.drowninginmoonlight.com and are priced at $40/person or $75/couple in advance and will be $50/person at the door.
Below is a list of planned event features. The list is in no way exhaustive and subject to change. Plans for the gala are ever-evolving.
• Music and dancing
• Door Prizes
• A raffle for two Walt Disney World Park Hopper passes
• A guestbook for fans to express their condolences which will be forwarded to Carrie’s family after the gala
• Event-specific merchandise available for purchase with proceeds benefitting our charity
• Souvenir photos on an event-exclusive backdrop
• Star Wars themed hors d’oeuvres
• A Carrie-themed drink menu including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic offerings
• A silent auction featuring nerdy and literary goodies from Star Wars and beyond
• An authors’ discussion featuring Jason Fry and Chuck Wendig (schedule permitting)
The Marquee event of the night will be a live-on-stage, multi-network, unified podcast in Carrie’s honor hosted by Amy Ratcliffe. Podcasters from all of the networks involved will be invited onto the stage to take part in this unprecedented collaborative recording party. The production, which will feature voices from around the Star Wars podcasting pantheon, will include questions from the audience and likely some measure of hijinks.
Drowning in Moonlight aims to celebrate Carrie in a way that honors her memory, does good in her name, and pays homage to her unrivaled sass. For further/updated information, feel free to email Event Chair Amanda Cherry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, pease visit: www.drowninginmoonlight.comPowered by Sidelines