Verizon and Google are teaming up in advance of Star Wars: The Force Awakens to give fans a unique virtual reality experience! The Google Cardboard Viewer, featuring Star Wars characters, will enable fans to view content from the new Jakku Spy feature available today in the official Star Wars App.
In addition, Coffee With Kenobi will be giving away a set of these Google Cardboard Viewers to a lucky listener! See all the details about the Viewers, Jakku Spy, and the CWK giveaway below:
JAKKU SPY Presented by Verizon
• Created along with Verizon, the first-of-its-kind serialized Google Cardboard Virtual Reality (VR) experience combines a compelling story and never before seen content which ties directly into the opening of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with the very latest cutting-edge Virtual Reality technology.
• The collaboration is an extension of Verizon’s “Force of a Better Network” program, which provides a mobile gateway and insider access to Star Wars: The Force Awakens content.
• December 2nd, Verizon is distributing 200,000 custom Google Cardboard virtual reality viewers featuring four Star Wars character themes (R2-D2, BB-8, Kylo Ren, and a Stormtrooper) to its customers nationwide.
• Cardboard viewers will be distributed exclusively through Verizon retail stores.
• Users will receive a series of nine messages – each important unto itself, but together build toward a reveal that ties into the film.
• The following instructions give a detailed explanation of how to download the app and content to Apple and Android phones.
2. Open the App
Click on the icon to open the Star Wars app and reveal the Dashboard
3. Choose “JAKKU SPY”
Within the Dashboard, Click on JAKKU SPY box which will be located just in the bottom half of the screen
4. Select Cardboard Viewer Icon
Select the cardboard viewer icon (featured above), located at the bottom of the screen
5. Download Messages
Select/download the message you want to watch. Note that when message is accessed on day one, it will only say MESSAGE AVAILABLE on the first message, the rest of the messages will say AVAILABLE IN X DAYS…. according to rollout.
Consumer will be alerted when MESSAGE DOWNLOADING and prompted to PLAY MESSAGE.
7. Connecting Phone to Viewer
Follow the directions above to place the phone in the cardboard viewer
8. Using the “look” Function
Use the “look” function while in the viewer to navigate through messages or replay the current one or return to the main menu.
*Note you can “look” at the buttons and will see a small icon to guide you, or you can aim at one and click the bottom on the upper right side of the cardboard viewer to activate.
***Coffee With Kenobi is giving away a set of Google Cardboard Viewers to a lucky listener!***
All you need to do for a chance to win is send us an e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Google CWK Giveaway in the subject line by December 10, 2015.
Good Luck and MTFBWY!
Thank you to Google and Verizon.Powered by Sidelines