This time it’s really Episode #70 and we’ve got a spirited discussion about Thrawn #6 and whether it should have been six more issues. We’re also talking about Darth Vader #18, predicting it may well be the next Star Wars comic to garner an Eisner nomination.
Jeff and Matt also wax rhapsodic about what sort of Star Wars comics announcements could come out of San Diego Comic Con this week.
A Clone Wars series?
The Solo: A Star Wars Story official comics adaptation?
Maybe a tie-in to this fall’s Star Wars Resistance?
How about an Enfys Nest-focused monthly?
If you’re headed to San Diego Comic Con, bring snacks, bottled water and comfy shoes. Be sure to head to some of the panels, too, including (all times Pacific):
- Celebrate the 10-Year Anniversary of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, July 19, 11:45 a.m. in Room 6BCF, moderated by Lattes With Leia co-host and Nerdist Industries managing editor Amy Ratcliffe
- Lucasfilm Publishing Panel, July 20, 2-3 p.m. in Room 7AB, featuring Amy Ratcliffe
- Her Universe: It’s Your Universe, July 21, 11 a.m. in Room 7AB
- IDW Publishing’s Big News Panel, July 21, 1-2 p.m. in Room 25ABC
Also, be sure to follow Coffee With Kenobi’s Dan Z on Twitter and check CoffeeWithKenobi.com, too, for details. He’s attending SDCC and will be livecasting on July 18 at 7 p.m. from the Lucasfilm Pavilion.
Look for signings by Star Wars Adventures and Forces of Destiny comics creators in the IDW Booth, too. For a full list of dates, times and writers and artists, visit our Twitter feed.
This week’s Star Wars comics include:
- Darth Vader Annual #2
- Star Wars #51
- Poe Dameron #29
- Star Wars, Vol. 3 (Hardcover collecting issues #26-30, 33-37, Annuals 2-3)
Like what you hear? Go to iTunes and leave us a rating and review. Subscribe to all of the Coffee With Kenobi network podcasts, including Lattes With Leia, Legends Library, Looking for Lucasfilm, Coffee With Kenobi and Rebels Reactions.Powered by Sidelines